Thursday, October 29, 2009

Inspiration?!.

I have a question for all of you... Yes, YOU!

Where do you find your inspiration?



So, why do I ask...? I want to know what makes you tick, what gets you out of bed, what reasoning you have for doing what you do everyday?

Please, take a moment and really think about these questions. I understand most people will say their family, etc. But I don't think that really is your final answer!

How can I say this? Simple, I know you love your family, but...what's in it for you?

You see, there are two ways to work-out, first is Physically and second there is Spiritually.

We all know the Physical aspect right, get in a great work-out, even if it's only 15 minutes and you feel so much better! But, the Spiritual work-out is much different. You and I both know, that in order to work-out your Soul, it takes little to no physical work at all.

For example, you see a homeless person not bothering anyone, and you feel in your soul to give a little assistance (financial, food, interaction)... How do you feel? As good or better than you do after a physical work-out? Probably. The Spiritual work-out can occur once an hour or once a month, it doesn't matter. It usually feels Great, right?

That's what I'm looking for, what inspires you? I know this isn't your typical post from me, but it really is from me!

I've been blessed by people that I've come in contact with to view them as my Guardian Angels, a.k.a. Mentors. These people have touched my Soul, and have created in me some amazing things I didn't think I could accomplish on my own.

When I sought out to open my own Gym, I sat around one evening with my wife and told her I wasn't sure what I was suppose to be doing in life. Now granted, we were financially stable at the time, living in a dream home and driving nice vehicles...but, I wasn't happy with the direction in which my life was headed. I couldn't imagine staying at my current job for another 26+ years until I could "retire".

So later on that week, I began searching out a few avenues that I would consider changing careers into. Thru my curiosity on the internet, I saw this amazing video of a young man doing a simple Box Jump. Now, you may say, what's a box jump or why are you impressed by a person jumping onto a platform from a static position? Well, it wasn't an ordinary height...it was a static jump onto three boxes, stacked up to a whopping 54 inches!

It impresses the hell out of me, to this day! I couldn't stop watching it, I was so taken by the power and focus it took to complete this task. Right then, I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life! I ran upstairs, woke my wife up, and proceeded to convince her to come down stairs and watch this video. After showing her, I told her this is what I want to do. I want to help athletes and regular gym goers, realize their potential thru training properly (not exactly how I said it to her, hahaha).

I loved working out, I loved showing people proper form and technique, and I felt it in my Soul that it was what I was suppose to be doing!

So now you know a little piece of my story...what is your passion, what is your motivation, better yet what Inspires YOU!!!

P.S. here is a link to an Interview performed by a mentor and friend of mine, Zach Even-Esh with Mike Guadango (the guy performing the 54" box Jump)! Check it out, and watch the videos and really absorb what Zach and Mike G. discuss. Thank You.

Underground Strength Gym

Get STRONG!

No comments: